GRANTS & DONATIONS
Smith & Nephew is a proud supporter of Healthcare Professional training and education throughout ANZ. With such education focused on improving patient outcomes, Smith & Nephew is committed to ensuring transparent and expedient handling of support requests.
Smith & Nephew also has a history of product and services donation to support charitable causes and these donations can be requested through the same grants process.
Educational Grants are the most common requests and are classified as any request for a product donation or funding to support an educational event or activity organised by:
- Training Institutions
- Healthcare Institutions
- Professional Societies
The following examples are all classed as Educational Grants :
- Smith Private Hospital is running a GP Education Evening. The hospital is seeking $3500 in Support to run their event. In return, Smith & Nephew will receive acknowledgment as a sponsor with the Smith & Nephew logo on the program and the opportunity for a small product display at the event.
- The Nurse Unit Manager at Smith Public Hospital is providing a training session for the nursing team. She has requested that Smith & Nephew provide some modest refreshments at this session and has offered S&N the opportunity for a 5 minute session to present Smith & Nephew’s relevant products.
- Dr. Smith, the Director of Research at the St Jeremiah Hospital has sent you a letter requesting a $9000 sponsorship fee from Smith Nephew for the ‘St Jeremiah Physiotherapist Training Day’. In return, Smith & Nephew will be able to host a lunchtime workshop and have a small product display during the breaks on the meeting agenda.
- The Smith Knee Trust is holding an educational dinner for 25 local trainees and has requested financial support from Smith & Nephew to the sum of $2000. The fee will be used to pay for the food & beverage at the dinner at a cost of $80 per head.
- The local branch of Smith Orthopaedic Clinic has requested you supply 60 product samples for a training workshop they are running for perioperative nurses.
Educational Grant Requests
To request a grant, the requester must complete the Grant Request Form Template on their institutional letterhead along with a covering letter of request and send both documents to [email protected] no later than 6 weeks before the activity date.
Review of requests received with less than 1 month’s notice of the event is not guaranteed.
National Third Party Events & Booth Requests
National events such as the AOA Annual Scientific Meeting or the Wounds Australia Annual General Meeting are classified as third party events and are managed by Smith & Nephew’s head office in Sydney.
These type of events are organized by HCP organisations or event companies and will have published sponsorship prospectuses offering tiered sponsorship such as Gold, Silver or Bronze.